18 July 2010

modest is hottest

dear old lady patrons of the park center-


i appreciate your dedication to staying fit in your golden years. i enjoy watching you do water aerobics and march in the water to patriotic music. i can only hope that i am as active as you are when i'm 70 and 80 years old.

however, i hope i am infinitely more modest than you...

now, before you get offended, please let me explain.

dallin and i started coming to the community rec center to exercise. being pregnant, one of the only things i can do right now is swim. now, i love swimming laps, so i quite enjoy my time at the park center.
however, imagine my shock the first day i entered the locker room to see all of you ladies naked! some of you were small and skinny, others were not so small and not so skinny, but all of you were covered in wrinkles and rolls! none of which i wanted to see!
so, dear ladies, please, for the sake of all of us, use the changing rooms to change, and maybe you could shower at home next time? or at lease close the curtains that are provided in the shower room? i know you guys love to talk, but if you can't hear each other through those flimsy flower curtains, wait until you are done showering and all dressed again!
we are told all our lives that modesty is important, and even though you are old enough to do whatever you want now, i still think that modesty is as important as ever!
i'm pretty sure you don't want to see me naked, and as much as i admire you, i don't want to see you naked either!
so please, from the pregnant lady, do me a solid and keep all of that lovely skin covered up!

love,
me

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the importance of being modest, but for some reason, those women don't strike me as being immodest. Yes, they're changing in the open, but it's not like they're flaunting their bodies (right? I mean I wasn't there). Their action is not sexual or provocative in nature. It seems to me they're just comfortable in their own skins. They've learned to love their bodies regardless of wrinkles and sagging skin. They're not embarrassed of their bodies. They don't feel the need to hide themselves. I rather admire their ability to change in the open. I actually think it's a pretty healthy attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you've had your babies, you'll probably be right there with them lady! Modesty will be a thing of the past. Promise.
    And by the way, congratulations. I loved the way you found out that you were having twinners! Such a funny story. I think you are looking amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha I love you EVEN MORE now

    ReplyDelete