20 October 2010

introducing...

SABRINA & FIONA BARKER

Born October 13, 2010

I'm sure most of you don't want to know all the details of everything, so I'll keep this short. (If, however, you want to know more, let me know, I wrote everything down and can send it to you.)

On Wednesday morning, during our doctor's appointment, my doctor accidentally broke my water which resulted in us going straight down to Labor and Delivery. After about 12 hours of labor, I was completely dilated and ready to bring these girls into the world! As a precautionary measure, all twins are delivered in an operating room in case an emergency C-section is needed, but luckily that didn't happen.

At 9:47 p.m., Sabrina Barker was born! She weighed in at 5 lbs. 13 oz. and was 18 3/4 inches long. And at 10:07 p.m., Fiona Barker was born! She weighed in at 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. Both babies were perfectly healthy and beautiful! Dallin cut the cord for both of them.

I think I must have had a very unusual labor experience, because I was expecting it to be REALLY, REALLY awful and it REALLY wasn't! Granted, after the epidural I couldn't feel anything, but even with that, given what everyone had told me, I was expecting the whole thing to be a lot harder, and much more painful.


All in all, it was really an amazing experience! I can't believe that Dallin and I are parents now! To TWO beautiful baby girls! It is such a wonderful blessing to have Sabrina & Fiona in our family!

WE LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

Sabrina:


Fiona:


Daddy & Sabrina:


1st Family Picture:


Loves from Daddy:


Fiona (left), Sabrina (right):


Fiona (left), Sabrina (right):



Matching hats:


Sabrina (right), Fiona (left):


Sabrina (right), Fiona (left):


Sabrina (right), Fiona (left):


16 comments:

  1. Oh Becki, they're PERFECT!! I can not wait to see them. I love the pictures and I'm so glad for you that you didn't have to have a c-section!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for epidurals! I am glad things were pretty easy. They are beautiful. Congratulations. Abby has gotten "who's who" right every time. :) She says that she and Sabrina are friends so if you ever get them mixed up she can help you out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! What sweet babies! Congrats, Becki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becki!! They are gorgeous!! I'm so glad everything went well!! I hope you are recovering well and getting some sleep!!

    I'm so happy for you and Dallin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becki, they looks absolutely perfect! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been checking your blog twice a DAY waiting for this post! :) thank you for all the pics and extra details that i knew wouldn't come when i asked ammon to ask dallin when he was probably in the middle of daddy-daughter time. :) i'm SOOOO excited that your L&D was a pleasant experience! i really am in awe about how amazingly you two are handling everything! you are the best parents ever!!

    LOVES!

    p.s....can you help talk me into having another one? i need all the advice/tips i can get after having the worst experience the first time around (and i shouldn't have waited to get ready for round 2 when emma was in the thick of her 2s!). i call do-over!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! They are precious! I'm glad it was a good experience for you. It was a pretty good experience with Donovan with an epidural:) It was the days after that were rough and painful! I hope your recovery wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! the one of them holding hands...i fell in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how perfect! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Becki! They are so precious. I LOVE the pic of them holding hands. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they are SO precious!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Becki! They are beautiful girls! Such a tiring but exciting time right now. I also thought labor was easy. I expected it to be so hard with twins. Recovery was just hard for me. I hate to say that I'm looking forward to some updates cause I've been there. The first 6 weeks are pretty exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You don't know me, but I was a friend of Dallin's back in the day. I just had to tell you how cute your babies are!! They are beautiful really. Congrats!! You both will love being parents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. I love it so much. You guys are going to be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to be Becki! Your little girls are so sweet! I love them wearing the matching hats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete